I have had to use some Organic Disease Control in my Garden namely good old Apple Cider Vinegar.
The Tomatoes etc have been in for approx a month now and I have started to irrigate as we haven't had any rain for a couple of weeks. I have been using over head sprinklers as I want to keep the grass green as well.
This can cause some fungal issues as it has because the foliage of the plant is getting wet while the over night temperatures are still reasonable high.
Black Spot has started to appear on both the Basil and Tomatoes in one part of the garden.
To remedy the problem I first sprayed the effected plants and a few surrounding plants that didn't have any symptoms yet with a brew of Apple Cider Vinegar.
I used a rate of one tablespoon per litre of water (added a little dish washing liquid as a sticker), then soaked the foliage making sure there was plenty of run off to kill any spores on top of the ground as well.
Straight away the Black Spot dried up and stopped spreading after the spray.
The other thing I have changed is the timing of the irrigation, now watering at 5 in the morning so the foliage isn't wet all night.
Apple Cider Vinegar works well with Black Spot on Roses as well.
Be Happy,
Barry.
www.organic-vegetable-garden.net
The Tomatoes etc have been in for approx a month now and I have started to irrigate as we haven't had any rain for a couple of weeks. I have been using over head sprinklers as I want to keep the grass green as well.
This can cause some fungal issues as it has because the foliage of the plant is getting wet while the over night temperatures are still reasonable high.
Black Spot has started to appear on both the Basil and Tomatoes in one part of the garden.
To remedy the problem I first sprayed the effected plants and a few surrounding plants that didn't have any symptoms yet with a brew of Apple Cider Vinegar.
I used a rate of one tablespoon per litre of water (added a little dish washing liquid as a sticker), then soaked the foliage making sure there was plenty of run off to kill any spores on top of the ground as well.
Straight away the Black Spot dried up and stopped spreading after the spray.
The other thing I have changed is the timing of the irrigation, now watering at 5 in the morning so the foliage isn't wet all night.
Apple Cider Vinegar works well with Black Spot on Roses as well.
Be Happy,
Barry.
www.organic-vegetable-garden.net