Here I did bit of a trial with the Organic Fertiliser-Rock Dust.
This photo is of three Tomatoes, (approx two weeks after planting).
When they were planted I used two different types of Rock Dust, one the traditional Blue (Basalt Rock) and the other Red (one of the Granite rocks). The Blue was used from the post in the middle to the left and the Red was used from the post to the right.
The plant on the right (Red Dust) is by far the bigger of the three, the plant in the middle (in front of the post), the second biggest which would have had a bit of each and the plant on the left is struggling compared with the others. (There is a Basil plant on the left to help confuse you!)
The difference was evident after a week, the Red Dust plant just took off and the Blue Dust plant grew at what I would call a much slower rate.
Since then I have given the Blue side a dose of Red Dust and they are starting to catch up. I'm going to get an analysis done on the Red Dust to see what the difference is.
Colour Therapy tells us that Red is a more aggressive colour than Blue but don't know whether this carries through to Fertiliser?
Be Happy,
Barry.
www.organic-vegetable-garden.net
This photo is of three Tomatoes, (approx two weeks after planting).
When they were planted I used two different types of Rock Dust, one the traditional Blue (Basalt Rock) and the other Red (one of the Granite rocks). The Blue was used from the post in the middle to the left and the Red was used from the post to the right.
The plant on the right (Red Dust) is by far the bigger of the three, the plant in the middle (in front of the post), the second biggest which would have had a bit of each and the plant on the left is struggling compared with the others. (There is a Basil plant on the left to help confuse you!)
The difference was evident after a week, the Red Dust plant just took off and the Blue Dust plant grew at what I would call a much slower rate.
Since then I have given the Blue side a dose of Red Dust and they are starting to catch up. I'm going to get an analysis done on the Red Dust to see what the difference is.
Colour Therapy tells us that Red is a more aggressive colour than Blue but don't know whether this carries through to Fertiliser?
Be Happy,
Barry.
www.organic-vegetable-garden.net
