I thought I would do a trial with Potato Planting by the Moon.
Two rows were planted approx four weeks apart, one any old time when it suited me (Waning Moon though) and the other was planned to happen at the correct Moon Phase for Root Crops (Taurus,Virgo,Capricorn).
The original idea of planting 4-6 weeks apart is so I have a continuous supply of freshly dug Spuds.
The photo above shows the two rows side by side with the Marigolds in between as a Pest Deterrent Companion, the Potatoes planted by the Moon Phase (closest to the camera) are now ahead of the original row.
Germination was a bit uneven and a few misses on the first lot but the Moon Phase planting row were up straight away and haven't looked back, very even and strong growth.
Both are flowering at the same time now, it will be interesting to compare the weight of potatoes when I start harvesting.
Both rows are grown using the No Dig method with Compost and Mulch both made on site with the same materials, so the only difference is planting times.
Be Happy,
Barry.
www.organic-vegetable-garden.net