Cover Crop Update



This shot is of my row of Tomatoes that have been planted through a Cover Crop of White Clover.

They are doing extremely well and are definitely ahead of the same plants in a row with only minimal Clover (you can see them to the left).

Clover (white or red) fix Nitrogen into the soil as it grows and also adds valuable microbes and fungi that keep the soil strong and better able to make Nutrients plant available. With 100% ground cover this keeps the weeds away which saves the back!

I don't know what type of Tomato Plants these are as I bought them at a fund raiser as just Tomato seeds. They looked initially like Cherry Tomatoes but I think the fruit that has set so far is going to be to big for that variety. Will just have to wait and see won't I.

Be Happy,

Barry.

Visit my Organic Gardening Website

Have a look at my Travel Blog