Clover Cover Crop




My second plantings of Tomatoes I have under sown with clover, it is a great permanent cover crop as it chokes out the weeds, protects the soil from the sun and most importantly fixes Nitrogen into the soil.

The second photo shows my first planting which I have also under sown and I will be keen to observe the progress of both, this is my first crop using Clover.

White Clover as Red is a Perennial that may die out during a hot dry summer but soon returns in the Autumn, it is self seeding and can be left in place for entirety. When you are happy with your soil conditions sow Clover let it establish and then just plant through it, it contributes Nitrogen and Beneficial soil Microbes continuously enhancing the crop around it while never competing because it only gets to 75 mm high.

Be Happy,

Barry.

www.organic-vegetable-garden.net