Moon Phase Gardening








Sowing seeds by Moon Phases has become part of my normal gardening practises as I have experienced some extremely good results vigour and crop wise.

I try as much as I can to sow the seeds in the middle of the phase to gain the best result, if I'm going to soak the seeds I treat this as the sowing time.

Using this system does take a little planning but the crops you will grow will see you making the extra effort in the future.

Plan  your fertiliser and Compost applications be they solid or liquid to co-inside with the Moon Phases as well, I plan my foliage fertiliser sprays for my Roses on a Flower Phase.

Avoid Node and Apogee/Perigee stages.

Below are the Star Signs and their corresponding crop.

Root Crops-Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn.

Fruit Crops-Aries, Sagittarius, Leo.

Flower Crops-Gemini, Libra, Aquarius.

Leaf Crops-Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces.

A good site that lists these Phases on a calender is www.lunarium.co.uk you can plot the time for where you live on our planet.

Happy Gardening,

Barry