Why bother when you can buy all the vegetables you need at the Supermarket, convenient enough, fresh enough and cheap enough!
Try a Garden of your own and I will guarantee you will be hooked. Even just some Herbs in a planter box or a Tomato plant on the patio in a pot.
Fresh vegetables straight off the plant and into your tummy is so satisfying as well as nourishing. Many vegetables you buy at the Supermarket have travelled vast distances to get to the store, some are picked green to ensure they last the journey and don't bruise during the trip. The nutritional valve of fruit and vegetables is at it's highest when ripened on the plant, it is just part of the growing process.
I just had cheese and tomato sandwich's for lunch, the tomatoes I have grown myself and were picked yesterday, they where juicy, had lots of flesh and I knew that they didn't have any chemicals on them.
Knowing I grew the tomatoes was as satisfying as eating them in the end.
Buying a packet of seeds for a few dollar's and then going through germination, potting up, then planting out and finally eating the produce gives you ownership of the plant and its fruit.
I find it a very satisfying process and immensely relaxing, after a tough day at work, ten minutes in the Garden even if it is just doing a bit of hand weeding makes me feel so at ease, it is amazing the transformation that can take place just by being around plants and the energy of Mother Nature.
So I urge you to give it a go, even on a small scale to experience the pleasure of growing your own food and the perfection of Mother Nature.
Be Happy
Barry
Try a Garden of your own and I will guarantee you will be hooked. Even just some Herbs in a planter box or a Tomato plant on the patio in a pot.
Fresh vegetables straight off the plant and into your tummy is so satisfying as well as nourishing. Many vegetables you buy at the Supermarket have travelled vast distances to get to the store, some are picked green to ensure they last the journey and don't bruise during the trip. The nutritional valve of fruit and vegetables is at it's highest when ripened on the plant, it is just part of the growing process.
I just had cheese and tomato sandwich's for lunch, the tomatoes I have grown myself and were picked yesterday, they where juicy, had lots of flesh and I knew that they didn't have any chemicals on them.
Knowing I grew the tomatoes was as satisfying as eating them in the end.
Buying a packet of seeds for a few dollar's and then going through germination, potting up, then planting out and finally eating the produce gives you ownership of the plant and its fruit.
I find it a very satisfying process and immensely relaxing, after a tough day at work, ten minutes in the Garden even if it is just doing a bit of hand weeding makes me feel so at ease, it is amazing the transformation that can take place just by being around plants and the energy of Mother Nature.
So I urge you to give it a go, even on a small scale to experience the pleasure of growing your own food and the perfection of Mother Nature.
Be Happy
Barry